Magical Pastel Horse Adventures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Magical Pastel Horse Adventures

The Grand Political Forum for the region Equestria on NationStates.net. Visit us at http://www.nationstates.net/region=equestria

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A Song of Water, Fire, and Blood: A Civil War RP

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Quint

Quint

Location : Behind a computer. Or in front of it. Depends on your perspective.

A Song of Water, Fire, and Blood: A Civil War RP Empty
PostSubject: A Song of Water, Fire, and Blood: A Civil War RP   A Song of Water, Fire, and Blood: A Civil War RP EmptyThu Aug 04, 2016 4:11 am

Hey guys! This is the opening post for my RP. If you have any questions, send me a telegram. The situation is as follows: after the death of Quintus Flamicus III, his successor, Quintus Aquaticus IV, a haiku loving monk, takes the title of head of state. He is quickly deposed in a coup by his chief general, Ragnus, who declares himself a God-King made flesh. Before I go on, it's important to note that Flamicus was possessed by a spirit of fire, and Aquaticus by a spirit of water. The topography of the nation reflects the current leader's element. As Ragnus is just some dude, it's basically desert and wasteland at the moment. Anyways, Flamicus showed up again(or a parallel universe version of him did) and has fueled the flames of revolution to win back his throne. In the meantime, Aquaticus and his order of monks stand ready to crush everyone in their path to reclaim their birthright. That's the situation. I'll add more about individual characters and factions later, I'm pretty tired.
Back to top Go down
Quint

Quint

Location : Behind a computer. Or in front of it. Depends on your perspective.

PostSubject: Re: A Song of Water, Fire, and Blood: A Civil War RP   A Song of Water, Fire, and Blood: A Civil War RP EmptyFri Aug 05, 2016 4:17 am

OK, I'll do factions right now, character introductions will come when I have a better idea of who actually wants to participate. As usual, telegram me any questions.
Righto! The first question is to the actual setting of the RP, since we have sprawling space empires now. Feel free to bring in space military forces if you feel it necessary, but try to keep it realistic. Note that while Quintolania has no space forces, the nation does have defenses against space-originating threats. This, along with most military infrastructure, is currently exclusively controlled by Ragnus and his followers.
The factions are as follows:
The Phoenixes
Rebel armada currently led by Flamicus and his trusty butler/assassin/best bud, Carlos. A ragtag bunch of revolutionaries, what they lack in actual firepower they make up for with zeal and belief in the cause. And numbers, of course. They're not fanatics, but they will do almost anything to win this fight.
The Crashing Wave
A sacred order of monks sworn to defend Aquaticus. He now turns their sights throneward, and Celestia help the poor schmucks standing in their way. These guys are religious fanatics, pure and simple, except they channel all that devotion towards Aquaticus. They see him as a physical incarnation of the deity they worship, and will do the unthinkable if it means getting him back in power.
The Military
I'd call it the government, but there isn't much diplomacy happening behind the walls of Gunslinger Town anymore. Whoever dissented with Ragnus was killed on the spot. The disarming of the military during Aquaticus's reign and the subsequent traitor purges have left Ragnus much weaker than before, but he' s rallied impressively and commands a formidable fighting force augmented with the best weaponry money can buy. However, he's starting to realize that ruling a nation on the verge of rebellion isn't as fun as he thought it would be.
The Ashes
The dregs of society, the scum, the criminal element, whatever you call them, they're a force to be reckoned with. With the rise of Ragnus and his purges, the criminals have unified under a mysterious human known only as Jim. Where their loyalty lies is still unknown, but it's only a matter of time until they'll be forced to make a choice.

With tensions at their highest in history, and with ultimate power (over a small piece of land) hanging in the balance, who will emerge victorious? Who will perish and die? Find out in the next installment!
Back to top Go down
EuropustheImperialYuppie

EuropustheImperialYuppie

PostSubject: Re: A Song of Water, Fire, and Blood: A Civil War RP   A Song of Water, Fire, and Blood: A Civil War RP EmptySun Aug 21, 2016 6:33 am

Armetesian Factions

Armetesian Parliament & The Imperial Guard
With crumbling diplomatic prestige, a stagnating economy and record deflation, the tenets of classical liberalism that Armetesia was built on has been wiped away by the newly elected government of the Commonwealth, which triumphs neo-conservitism, protectionism and jingoistic diplomacy. The coup in fragile, yet powerful nation of Quintalonia was seen as an opportunity by the government to test their new foreign "diplomacy". After bypassing multiple failed vetos by the non-interventionist monarchy, Pariliment passed the "Galactic Order Defense Act", funding the Imperial Guard with tens of trillions of Royal Sterling Pounds for a prolonged, full-scale invasion of Quintolania.

This faction supports "The Crashing Wave"

The Military Industrial Complex
Fortune 500 Defense Contractors, Gun Manufacturers, Arms Dealers, Private Mercenaries & Black Market Cartels. While the Armetesian government is the main customer of these guys, they have plenty to state-of-the-art kit for every faction. Of course, this weaponry will drain your wallet and your dignity as you shell millions to completely amoral corporate executives.

These corporations have no affinity to any faction and will sell troops & weaponry to anyone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Song of Water, Fire, and Blood: A Civil War RP   A Song of Water, Fire, and Blood: A Civil War RP Empty

Back to top Go down

A Song of Water, Fire, and Blood: A Civil War RP
Page 1 of 1